The Basic French Language Course (BFLC) is an 18-week course designed to train DIA personnel and those of the Services to a level where they can appreciably speak, read and write in French. Participants will also be equipped to write reports and analyse French texts. At the end of the course they would be expected to be:
- Conversant with different aspect of communication situations such as meeting people (for the first time), introducing oneself, nationality and profession.
- Understand and relate with daily life in the family and school.
- Be familiar with daily activities in different types of offices; such as ministry, military or corporate offices.
- Shop, leisure and consult.
- Conduct essays, write letters and routine correspondence.